Based on the current economic changes, our long-term vision, and stocks’ performances, we have created for you a list of top stocks to trade in September 2021.
Ultra-fast Scalping Strategy
2021-07-29 • Updated
Information is not investment advice
We often get a lot of requests from FBS traders on how to do scalping professionally. This is indeed a difficult trading style that requires a good reaction and skills. That is why we have thorough coverage of this topic on our website. You can already find a strategy with Bollinger Bands and a 5-minute scalping strategy with two moving averages in the “Tips for Traders” section. They have something interesting in common: they both are implemented on the M5 timeframe. On this timeframe, a trader can execute multiple trades within one hour. Of course, trading at such a small timeframe requires your total attention and patience.
What if we say that you can trade even faster on the M1 timeframe? Yes, it’s possible! However, you need to follow certain steps to avoid the danger of misleading signals.
First of all, have a straightforward strategy with entry and exit rules.
Secondly, know how much risk you can take. Be sure that your take profit is at least twice bigger than your spread.
Thirdly, choose the most liquid pairs with tight spreads (EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/CHF, USD/JPY).
If you are good with the rules we declared above, let’s look at the strategy!
Trading strategy “MACD + Bollinger Bands”
Trading setups: Bollinger Bands with 100 periods, Bollinger Bands with 20 periods, MACD (12; 9; 26).
Trading instruments: EUR/USD, GBP/USD.
Buy entry rules:
- The fast Bollinger Bands (20) should move below the slow Bollinger Bands (100).
- MACD needs to cross its signal line bottom-up in the oversold zone (below zero).
- Open the “Buy Stop” order when these conditions are implemented.
- Place the Stop Loss on the lower Bollinger Band (20).
- If you follow a less-risky approach, locate your Take Profit on the upper border of the Bollinger Band (20).
- For risk-takers, you need to close your position when MACD crosses signal line above zero.
Let’s look at the example.
On June 30, we traded GBP/USD. The fast Bollinger Band was moving below the slow one. Approximately at 11:16, we entered a trade at 1.1892 after the signal line of MACD crossed the indicator in the oversold zone. Stop Loss was located at 1.1884 (lower Bollinger Band (20)), while Take Profit was placed near the upper Bollinger Band (20) at 1.1898.
Sell entry rules:
- The fast Bollinger Bands (20) should move above the slow Bollinger Bands (100).
- MACD needs to cross its signal line upside down in the overbought zone (above zero).
- Open the “Sell Stop” order when these conditions are implemented.
- Place the Stop Loss on the upper Bollinger Band (20).
- A rule for a conservative trader: locate your Take Profit on the lower border of the Bollinger Band (20).
- A rule for risk-taker: close your position when MACD crosses signal line below zero.
On the same chart, a situation on June 30 allowed us to sell the pair. After the signal line of MACD crossed the indicator in the overbought zone and fast BB (20) started moving above the slow (100) one, we opened a position at 1.1906. We located Stop Loss at 1.1907 and Take Profit at 1.1898.
Scalping on the M1 timeframe is not a popular technique given the risks involved. You need to be a cold-blooded, quick decision-maker who thinks ahead and understands the action he does. We recommend you master the trading strategy above on a demo account first. This way, you will definitely become a pro in scalping.
The relative strength index (RSI) is an indicator used in technical analysis to measure the momentum of recent price changes.
123 reversal setup is a basic on-chart formation, that warns about upcoming trend reversal…