Bill Williams is the creator of some of the most popular market indicators: Awesome Oscillator, Fractals, Alligator, and Gator.
Counter-Trend Impulse Strategy
2023-04-17 • Updated
Information is not investment advice
Counter-trend strategies are always the most dangerous but also the most profitable. We are pleased to present an excellent counter-trend strategy for working in any market and with any assets.
Indicators: Bollinger Bands and RSI with the default settings
Risk management rules: Fixed trade volume with 0.1 lot.
Rules for a long entry
- Wait for the price to move out of the lower Bollinger Band and start to move back in. The more the price moves out of, the lower Bollinger Band, the better.
- Simultaneously, the RSI indicator line must cross its lower boundary upwards (enter the working area from the oversold zone).
It is recommended to use the Stop Loss at the level of the nearest local minimum before receiving the signal.
Rules for a short entry
- Wait for the price to move out of the upper Bollinger Band and start to move back in. The more the price goes beyond the upper band - the better.
- Simultaneously, the RSI indicator line must cross its upper boundary downwards (enter the working area from the overbought zone).
It is recommended to use a Stop Loss at the level of the nearest local maximum before receiving the signal.
Rules for a Take Profit
- The choice of Take Profit is possible based on the ratio 3:1, i.e., a trade should bring 3 points of profit for one lost profit point.
- The trade can be closed before the Take Profit when the Bollinger Bands midline is reached.
When looking for signals, paying attention to how the price leaves the level of the upper or lower Bollinger Band is essential. Ideally, if the price goes the band completely before the signal appears, such a movement is strongly impulsive, i.e., there is a kind of compression of a spring, which uncompresses later, taking the price in the opposite direction.
Trend strategies are good - they may give significantly good results in any time frame and with any assets. The main idea of the ADX Trend-Based strategy is to try to catch the beginning of the trend.
As we know, strong trend movements are important on the market. We present you a trending strategy that will allow you to identify the very beginning of a solid incipient trend and open a deal.