Canada will release the employment change and the unemployment rate on October 9, at 15:30 MT time.
5 important events this week will bring us!
Information is not investment advice
- Rate statement by the Reserve bank of Australia (Tue, 7:30 MT (4:30 GMT time)) – Analysts anticipate a rate cut to 1%. The decision is already priced in. If the rate cut happens, the AUD will weaken. On the other hand, if the bank decides to keep the rate unchanged, the aussie may be supported.
- Canadian trade balance (Wed, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT time)) – Higher-than-expected figures will be good for the Canadian currency.
- Australian retail sales (Thu, 4:30 MT (1:30 GMT time)) – According to the forecasts, the indicator will advance by 0.2%. If the actual level is higher, the CAD will go up.
- Canadian jobs data (Fri, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT time)) – If the level of employment change is higher and the unemployment rate is lower than the forecasts, the loonie will rise.
- NFP (Fri, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT time)) – Will NFP come out better than the previous release? Let's find out on Friday.
- During the meeting between the US president Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping, the leaders agreed to restart trade talks. The US president promised not to add more tariffs on Chinese goods.
- OPEC+ members agreed to extend oil production output cuts for 9 months.
The Reserve Bank of Australia will post a rate statement, which contains an update on the interest rate on October 6, at 6:30 MT time.
Canada will announce its monthly GDP on July 31, at 15:30 MT time.
Find out the reasons!
The market sentiment deteriorated because of the election uncertainty and worries about rising virus cases all over the world. Let's make some analysis!
The focus of traders’ attention shifted from Brexit and the US stimulus to the coronavirus . The WHO claimed that Europe become the new Covid-19 epicenter.