Ichimoku Kinko Hyo CNH/JPY: The CNH/JPY pair is trading above the Kumo…
USD/JPY : touches 110.00 for the first time in a year amid higher Treasury yields
Information is not investment advice
Ichimoku Kinko Hyo
EUR/JPY: The pair is trading above the cloud. An upward pressure would lead the pair to exit further the cloud, confirming a bullish outlook.
XAG/USD: Silver prepares to touch a full retracement area. Sellers have decided to send prices significantly lower.
EU Market View
European stock markets are seen edging higher at the open Tuesday, following Wall Street higher as fears of a broader fallout from the U.S. hedge fund default ease. Concerns about a surge of Covid-19 cases in the region will limit gains. In France, Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire said "all options are on the table" to protect the public. The news is more positive in the U.K., where the vaccination program has been more successful, as a stay-at-home order and some other lockdown measures have been lifted in England.
Oil prices edged lower Tuesday as shipping resumed through the Suez Canal and the focus turned to the meeting of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries and its allies, a grouping known as OPEC+, later this week.
Japanese financial institutions have seen credit costs rise this fiscal year due to uncertainty over the business prospects of borrowers that suffered from the COVID-19 pandemic, the central bank said on Tuesday.
Looking ahead, highlights include German regional & national CPI, US consumer confidence, Fed's Quarles, Bostic, Williams speeches.
EU Key Point
- Treasuries selloff looks poised to extend further.
- ECB's Vasiliauskas: QE likely to stay for quite a while even after the virus crisis.
- Germany reports 9,549 new coronavirus cases, 180 deaths in latest update today.
- BOJ's Kuroda: Policy easing more complex due to need to monitor side effects.
- Bank of Japan Governor Kuroda talking again - global, Japan, economies showing signs of bottoming out.
- Japan February unemployment rate is 2.9% (expected 3.0%).
- Canada: COVID-19 pandemic now 'completely out of control' in Ontario.
- Erdogan has fired the deputy governor of the Turkish central bank.
Inflation in New Zealand is the highest since 1990, edging to 7.3% in Q2 2022. The currency is under heavy pressure as the Reserve Bank of New Zealand is trying to reverse the inflationary spiral. The week ahead will give us a valuable clue about the country’s monetary policy, and we are here to talk about that.
In the middle of September 2022, the Canadian dollar has fallen to a 2-year low against the USD.
The US dollar index has all chances of reaching the 2000s high of 120.00.