Ichimoku Kinko Hyo CNH/JPY: The CNH/JPY pair is trading above the Kumo…
NFP: USD getting even stronger?
Information is not investment advice
These were the figures released in the February NFP:
- Av. Hourly Earnings were 0.2% against the 0.3% expected
- Employment Change was 49K against 85K expected
- Unemployment Rate was 6.3% against the forecast of 6.7%
As the market was unimpressed with the data, the USD started losing value
In fact, it started depreciating before the release - the figures provided by the US Labor authorities just enhanced the effect. That's very visible on the chart below: EUR/USD rises in the marked period from 1.1980 to 1.2050 and keeps rising later on after a brief correction.
Here is what observers expect:
- Av. Hourly Earnings to stay steady at 0.2%
- Employment to increase by 182K
- Unemployment Rate to stay steady at 6.3%
- Join our top analyst Nour El Deen Al-Hammoury to trade the NFP live
- If the Average Hourly Earnings and Employment are higher and Unemployment Rate lower than expected, the USD is likely to rise
- If the Average Hourly Earnings and Employment are lower and the jobless rate greater than expected, the USD will soften
Weak NFP data drives the USD down; better-than-thought figures makes the USD stronger
Last year was tough for the Japanese yen. USDJPY gained more than 30% over 2022, striking above 150 in October. While anticipation of slower Fed rate hikes pulled the pair below the 130 level at the start of 2023, the speculations over the destiny of BOJ’s yield control policy grabbed the attention of the Japanese assets in the middle of January. What lies ahead for traders of the Japanese yen?
Today, at 5:00 pm (GMT +2), the Bank of Canada will publish the Overnight Rate, which represents short-term interest rates, and is pivotal to the overall pricing of the Canadian Dollar in the global markets. Let's look at how the markets are faring ahead of the BoC rates release.
In a call scheduled for January 25, 00:30 am GMT+2, Microsoft will publish the company's earnings for the final quarter of 2022 and comment on the results, projections, and outlook for the nearest future of the company.