Don’t waste your time – keep track of how NFP affects the US dollar!

Data Collection Notice

We maintain a record of your data to run this website. By clicking the button, you agree to our Privacy Policy.

facebook logo with graphic

Join Us on Facebook

Stay on top of company updates, trading news, and so much more!

Thanks, I already follow your page!
forex book graphic

Beginner Forex Book

Your ultimate guide through the world of trading.

Get Forex Book

Check Your Inbox!

In our email, you will find the Forex 101 book. Just tap the button to get it!

FBS Mobile Personal Area

market's logo FREE - On the App Store

Get

Risk warning: ᏟᖴᎠs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage.

79% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading ᏟᖴᎠs with this provider.

You should consider whether you understand how ᏟᖴᎠs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

BTCUSD: The bottom Is Near

BTCUSD: The bottom Is Near

Information is not investment advice

Since November 2021, Bitcoin (BTCUSD) has been experiencing a strong downtrend losing over 70% from its all-time high. Although, sellers may not have capitulated yet, current trends are "typical" for the end of bear markets. According to the data from the on-chain analytics firm Glassnode, seller behavior suggests that a macro price bottom is forming.

Analyst: seller exhaustion "near" bear market lows

In the latest hint that Bitcoin's bear market is nearing its end, Glassnode has revealed that the network is currently weathering a "perfect storm" of low volatility and high on-chain losses.

The Seller Exhaustion Constant is calculated as the percentage of Bitcoin's total circulating supply in profit multiplied by its volatility over the last 30 days. According to the historical data, such lows are rare, having appeared seven times before. Six of those times, upside volatility led to the end of Bitcoin's bearish trend.

constant.png

Bitcoin Seller Exhaustion Constant chart. Source: Glassnode

Fed monetary policy might be the problem

The Federal Reserve approved a fourth-straight rate hike of 75 basis points on November 2 as part of its aggressive battle to bring down the inflation plaguing the US economy. The hike brings the central bank's benchmark lending rate to a new target range of 3.75% to 4%, making it the highest rate since January 2008.

In a news conference following the meeting, Fed Chairman Jerome Powell highlighted the rising probability of an upcoming recession and acknowledged that the path to a soft landing had narrowed. Moreover, he added that the Federal Reserve had raised its target rate because "there are no signs of the inflation decrease."

The Fed may remain hawkish, and this is not surprising. Powell noted several times that macroeconomic indicators have yet to stabilize. The labor market is overheated, as well as the housing market, despite falling demand.

As a result, the US dollar has skyrocketed after the conference pressing risk assets, with US100 (NASDAQ) losing 3.7% and Bitcoin down 1.6%.

If the Fed remains committed to its hawkish monetary policy, demand for risky assets, including Bitcoin, will decline, putting pressure on the price.

CPI data will decide everything

Currently, markets are undecided in their expectations regarding the Fed's next move. According to analysts' expectations, there is a 52% chance for a 50-basis-point rate hike versus a 48% chance for a 75-basis-point increase.

december 14.png

On November 10, the Bureau of Labor Statistics will publish the October inflation data, which will most likely decide the next Fed’s move. If the actual data overperforms or meets the expectations of a 0.4% m/m inflation increase, the Fed will most likely take more hawkish steps at the December meeting. That, in turn, would be negative for Bitcoin.

On the other hand, if the inflation growth decreases, the Federal Reserve will likely slow down the pace of the key rate hikes and BTC may turn up.

Technical analysis

US dollar index, daily chart

UsDollarDaily.png

The US dollar index has formed a bullish flag on the daily chart. If the price breaks the resistance trend line, the index will most likely reach 120.00 in the near-term pressing risk assets, including the crypto market.

BTCUSD, daily chart

BTCUSD.ccDaily.png

Bitcoin price is squeezed between the 50- and 100-day Moving Average. Investors should wait for the breakout and follow the trend.

If the price breaks above the 100-day MA, it will most likely reach $24 000.00. On the other hand, if the price loses 50-day MA, it will drop to $17 700.00.

Moreover, a Bitcoin breakout above $24000 will open the way to $28500 for the buyers. At the same time, a breakout below $17 700 would mean a further BTCUSD decline toward $12 000 support.

How to trade crypto with FBS?

  1. Open a crypto account in FBS Personal Area or FBS Trader;
  2. Deposit money and choose the crypto you want to trade;
  3. Log in.

Similar

CBDC: Technology of the Future or Dystopia?

Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) are virtual national money. The idea of ​​creating such currencies came to the authorities after the success of cryptocurrencies, which also exist only in digital form.

Bitcoin Skyrockets Ahead of ETH Merge and US CPI Release

First, "ETH merge" Google requests are on the rise. At the same time, "buy ETH" requests are at their two-year lows, which is quite a negative factor ahead of the vast update. The community either doesn’t believe in the success, or they are following the "buy the rumors – sell the news" rule and waiting for the massive dump after the merge.

Popular

CBDC: Technology of the Future or Dystopia?

Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) are virtual national money. The idea of ​​creating such currencies came to the authorities after the success of cryptocurrencies, which also exist only in digital form.

Choose your payment system

Feel the Team Spirit

Callback

Please fill in the form below so we can contact you

Select the best time for us to call you. We give calls from Monday to Friday in suggested intervals. In case we couldn't get through, we will try again at the same time the next day. For getting real-time assistance, use FBS chat.

We provide only English-speaking callbacks. If you prefer any other languages, contact the support team.

We will call you at the time interval that you chose

Change number

Your request is accepted.

We will call you at the time interval that you chose

Next callback request for this phone number will be available in 00:30:00

If you have an urgent issue please contact us via
Live chat

Internal error. Please try again later