Ichimoku Kinko Hyo EUR/JPY: The EUR/JPY pair is now testing the lower level of the cloud…
AUD/JPY : climbs to fresh three-year high as the yen comes under pressure again
Information is not investment advice
Ichimoku Kinko Hyo
CHF/JPY: The pair is trading above the cloud. An upward pressure would lead the pair to exit further the cloud, confirming a bullish outlook.
XAU/USD: Gold facing a further weakness the last hours and trading below 23.6% retracement area.
US Market View
U.S. stocks are seen opening lower Thursday, with the tech-heavy Nasdaq set to underperform as investors digest the latest comments from Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell ahead of key economic data. The global risk rally resumed overnight after Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell stuck to his guns, repeating in Congress that there can be no question for higher rates policy in the foreseeable future.
Powell’s cautious assessment of the economic outlook will be checked against the latest weekly jobless claims data at 8:30 AM ET. They will be of more immediate interest than the revision to fourth-quarter gross domestic product numbers, which are due at the same time, along with durable goods orders for January.
U.S. stock markets are indicated to open mixed again, as the sell-off in bonds resumes, weighing on “long-duration” bets in the tech sector. Crude oil prices hit their highest level since early January 2020, before the pandemic had even intruded on the world’s consciousness, riding a wave of renewed dollar weakness.
USA Key Point
- Nasdaq futures down 1% as yields continue to extend higher on the session.
- German 10-year bond yields climb to highest since March last year as the global steepening continues.
- ECB is closely monitoring the evolution of long-term nominal bond yields.
- Oil looks to keep the rally going into the month-end.
- Dollar fails to take comfort in higher yields so far today.
- AUD/USD hits 0.8000 for the first time in over three years.
- USD/JPY inches back above 106.00 as yields lurk higher.
- Gold trades back below $1,800 as the struggle continues.
Ichimoku Kinko Hyo CHF/JPY: The CHF/JPY pair is now testing the upper level of the cloud…
Ichimoku Kinko Hyo GBP/JPY: The GBP/JPY pair is now trading within the cloud…
The stock market has reversed, and now it’s going lower and lower…
Walmart is one of the biggest retail corporations in the US, with $244 billion in total assets. Does it worth buying amid rising prices and supply concerns that shatter the world economy?
Japan's inflation is set to reach 2% in April's reading, for the first time since 2015. But what about the weaker Yen?!