Ichimoku Kinko Hyo CNH/JPY: The CNH/JPY pair is trading above the Kumo…
AUD benefits from the biggest trade surplus ever
Information is not investment advice
Ichimoku Kinko Hyo
CAD/JPY: The pair is trading above the cloud. An upward pressure would lead the pair to exit further the cloud, confirming a bullish outlook.
XAG/USD: Silver continuous to stand on 23.6% retracement area. Bearish pressure is growing day by day.
EU Market View
European stock markets are seen opening lower Thursday, following weakness on Wall Street and in Asia overnight amid resurgent worries over higher bond yields and extended equity valuations.
Looking ahead, highlights from macroeconomic calendar include Eurozone & UK construction PMI, EZ retail sales, unemployment, US IJC, OPEC+ meeting, Fed's Powell, ECB's Centeno, Knot, supply from Spain, France & the UK. Fed Beige Book stated that economic activity expanded modestly from January to mid-February for most Federal Reserve Districts.
Yields of major European government bonds, with German bunds being the main example, have also risen, but by less than their American counterparts, amid some mixed signaling from the European Central Bank over whether or not it needs to react. Many Fed officials have downplayed the rise in Treasury yields in recent days, although Fed Governor Lael Brainard on Tuesday acknowledged concerns over the possibility a rapid rise in yields could dampen economic activity.
Oil prices climbed higher Thursday, as traders positioned themselves ahead of a meeting of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries and allies, a grouping known as OPEC+.
EU Key Point
- Commodity currencies bounce back after softer start to the day.
- Nikkei 225 closes lower by 2.00%.
- Germany reports 11,912 new coronavirus cases, 359 deaths in latest update today.
- Japan February consumer confidence index comes at 33.8 vs 30.0 than expected.
- RBA's Kearns says house price gains are not a concern right now, to be expected.
- The RBA pushed back hard on rising yields; other central banks seem more relaxed.
- Federal Reserve Chair Powell speaking Thursday.
- US Senate will not vote on coronavirus aid bill Wednesday.
In the middle of September 2022, the Canadian dollar has fallen to a 2-year low against the USD.
The US dollar index has all chances of reaching the 2000s high of 120.00.
Many investors treated gold as a protection against inflation. However, last week, gold lost its major support and dropped despite rising inflation. Why did it act like this?